The world around us is filled with an abundance of beauty and diversity and joy-giving sights, sounds, tastes, smells, and sensations.
The past few days have been filled with so many of those, I just had to stop and share my gratitude to the Creator for the sensory blessings.
- Sight – Grass, even if it is still brown, a nice break from the snow and ice; photos of friends’ newborn grandbabies; the Pittsburgh skyline at night.
- Sound – Conversation with a far-away friend; the symphony’s performance of Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite; birds chirping all day at the first signs of spring.
- Smell – Muddy earth as it thaws; fresh goodies at the bakery; the fish market.
- Taste – Fresh-made sushi; a vanilla frosted cruller; a juicy orange.
- Touch – Warm sun on my face; sticky sushi rice; my husband’s hand in mine.
Every day can be a feast for the senses if we’re paying attention!